Remember the 7 Sorrows of Our Lady!
Through St. Bridget of Sweden, Our Lady made seven promises to those who are devoted to mediating on her Seven Sorrows. This is a beautiful devotion to start up this Sept. 15th, in honor of Our Lady of Sorrows!
PROMISES OF OUR LADY OF SORROWS
1. “I will grant peace to their families.”
2. “They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries.”
3. “I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.”
4. “I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.”
5. “I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.”
6. “I will visibly help them at the moment of their death. They will see the face of their Mother.”
7. “I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.”
Her Seven Sorrows are the following:
1. THE PROPHECY OF SIMEON (Luke 2:34-35)
"And you yourself a sword will pierce so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”
2. THE FLIGHT INTO EGYPT (Matthew 2:13-21)
“Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him.”
3. THE LOSS OF JESUS FOR THREE DAYS (Luke 2:41-50)
"When his parents saw him, they were astonished, and his mother said to him, “Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.”
4. THE CARRYING OF THE CROSS (John 19:17)
"And carrying the cross himself he went out to what is called the Place of the Skull, in Hebrew, Golgotha."
5. THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS (John 19:18-30)
"Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdala."
6. JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS (John 19:39-40)
"They took the body of Jesus and bound it with burial cloths along with the spices, according to the Jewish burial custom."
7. JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB (John 19:39-42)
"Now in the place where he had been crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had yet been buried.So they laid Jesus there because of the Jewish preparation day; for the tomb was close by."
Comments are closed.
SISTERS OF REPARATION
"Whatsoever you do, do it from the heart, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that you shall receive of the Lord the reward of inheritance. Serve ye the Lord Christ" Colossians 3:23-24.