Can you imagine a more special day to celebrate your 100th Birthday than Easter Sunday! Our dear friend Sr. James of the Sisters of the Divine Redeemer celebrated her 100th Birthday today on Easter Sunday (also the feast of St. James on the older calendar). We admire your love for and fidelity to Our Lord and wish you every grace and blessing this day!
Click below to join the sisters in praying the Novena of Chaplets each day on video, beginning Good Friday.
Jesus promises, "By this Novena, [of Chaplets] I will grant every possible grace to souls." (Diary 796)
One of the promises attached to saying the Chaplet of St. Michael is that whoever practices this devotion will have an escort of nine angels chosen from each of the nine Choirs when approaching Holy Communion. Join the sisters in saying this powerful prayer daily during Lent invoking the help of St. Michael and all the Holy Angels for protection and peace.
O God, come to my assistance. O Lord, make haste to help me. Glory be to the Father, etc.
[Say one Our Father and three Hail Marys after each of the following nine salutations in honor of the nine Choirs of Angels]
1. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Seraphim may the Lord make us worthy to burn with the fire of perfect charity. Amen.
2. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Cherubim may the Lord grant us the grace to leave the ways of wickedness so as to run in the paths of Christian perfection. Amen.
3. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Thrones may the Lord infuse into our hearts a true and sincere spirit of humility. Amen.
4. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Dominions may the Lord give us grace to govern our senses and subdue our unruly passions.
5. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Virtues may the Lord preserve us from evil and tribulations and lead us not to fall into temptation. Amen.
6. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Powers may the Lord protect our souls against the snares and temptations of the devil. Amen.
7. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Principalities may God fill our souls with a true spirit of obedience. Amen.
8. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Archangels may the Lord give us perseverance in faith and in all good works in order that we may attain the glory of Paradise. Amen.
9. By the intercession of St. Michael and the Celestial Choir of Angels may the Lord grant us to be protected by them in this mortal life and conducted hereafter to eternal glory. Amen.
Say one Our Father in honor of: St. Michael, St. Gabriel, St. Raphael and our Guardian Angel.
O glorious Prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly hosts, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirits, servant in the house of the Divine King and our admirable conductor, you who shine with excellence and superhuman virtue, deliver us from all evil, who turn to you with confidence, and enable us by your gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully every day.
V. Pray for us, O glorious St. Michael, Prince of the Church of Jesus Christ,
R. That we may be made worthy of His promises.
Almighty and Everlasting God, Who, by a prodigy of goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most glorious Archangel St. Michael Prince of Your Church, make us worthy, we ask You, to be delivered from all our enemies, that none of them may harass us at the hour of death, but that we may be conducted by him into Your Presence. This we ask through the merits of Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
The Feast of the Presentation of Our Lord is celebrated on February 2nd. It commemorates when Mary and Joseph, in obedience to the Mosaic law, offer their first-born son to God the Father and redeem him back through the offering of 2 doves. Jesus's death on the cross is the supreme offering of Himself to the Father for our redemption and so the offering of the child Jesus to the Father, is a foreshadowing of Christ's ultimate offering of himself. This event is of such importance that it is commemorated in the daily recitation of night prayer in the Breviary. Each day the words of the Canticle of Simeon are prayed from Luke 2:29-32:
"Lord, now you let your servant go in peace; your word has been fulfilled: my own eyes have seen the salvation which you have prepared in the sight of every people: a light to reveal you to the nations and the glory of your people Israel."
In this passage Simeon expresses his joy at seeing the Messiah. As Simeon mentions that Christ will be the light to the nations, the feast is celebrated with each person holding a lighted candle during the start of mass. May Christ the light of the world, bless you in the celebration of this important feast.
Painting by Giotto
SISTERS OF REPARATION
"Whatsoever you do, do it from the heart, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that you shall receive of the Lord the reward of inheritance. Serve ye the Lord Christ" Colossians 3:23-24.