Sr. Mary Francis is visiting with some saints in the making. Petey and Briege have prayed the Rosary together as a couple every day for 47 years! That's 909,215 roses (Hail Mary's) for Our Lady!
A Plenary Indulgence can be obtained for the Holy Souls by visiting a cemetery and praying for the Faithful departed each day from Nov. 1 thru Nov. 8th (the indulgence is partial on other days of the year) (Conditions: Each day pray for the Holy Father and receive Holy Communion. Make a good confession within 20 days before or after)
You can also help the Holy Souls by saying this prayer:
Eternal rest grant to them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
Read more here: https://www.catholicculture.org/culture/liturgicalyear/activities/view.cfm?id=1178
Please remember us in your prayers because tomorrow we will be experiencing the first Hurricane in Ireland in 50 years!
The sisters attended a talk by Fr. Michael Gaitley in Longtower Derry yesterday. A spark to inspire all of Ireland to consecrate themselves to Mary. Consecration to Mary is the quickest, easiest, and surest way to become a great saint and she will change your life. Father shared his witness of the action of Divine Mercy in his own life and how he came to write a new updated Marian Consecration. Mary has a powerful role in preparing the world for the coming of Jesus. Over all of Ireland many people are preparing to consecrate themselves on December 8th, beginning with the 33 days to Morning Glory book on Nov. 5th. For an easy way to join in online try:
It is an ebook, but lets you click for a free sample.
You can also check at the Marians here: http://www.shopmercy.org/Books/eBooks-for-eReaders/dpt/101/358/SEO-G/1 or order a hardcopy.
Through St. Bridget of Sweden, Our Lady made seven promises to those who are devoted to mediating on her Seven Sorrows. This is a beautiful devotion to start up this Sept. 15th, in honor of Our Lady of Sorrows!
PROMISES OF OUR LADY OF SORROWS
1. “I will grant peace to their families.”
2. “They will be enlightened about the Divine Mysteries.”
3. “I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.”
4. “I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my Divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.”
5. “I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.”
6. “I will visibly help them at the moment of their death. They will see the face of their Mother.”
7. “I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors, will be taken directly from this earthly life to eternal happiness since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son and I will be their eternal consolation and joy.”
Her Seven Sorrows are the following:
1. THE PROPHECY OF SIMEON (Luke 2:34-35)
"And you yourself a sword will pierce so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed.”
2. THE FLIGHT INTO EGYPT (Matthew 2:13-21)
“Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt, and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to destroy him.”
3. THE LOSS OF JESUS FOR THREE DAYS (Luke 2:41-50)
"When his parents saw him, they were astonished, and his mother said to him, “Son, why have you done this to us? Your father and I have been looking for you with great anxiety.”
4. THE CARRYING OF THE CROSS (John 19:17)
"And carrying the cross himself he went out to what is called the Place of the Skull, in Hebrew, Golgotha."
5. THE CRUCIFIXION OF JESUS (John 19:18-30)
"Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary of Magdala."
6. JESUS IS TAKEN DOWN FROM THE CROSS (John 19:39-40)
"They took the body of Jesus and bound it with burial cloths along with the spices, according to the Jewish burial custom."
7. JESUS IS LAID IN THE TOMB (John 19:39-42)
"Now in the place where he had been crucified there was a garden, and in the garden a new tomb, in which no one had yet been buried.So they laid Jesus there because of the Jewish preparation day; for the tomb was close by."
Sr. Mary Francis and the sisters' dear friend Mary Bender are working like ants, loading some wood for winter!
Tomorrow we celebrate the Birthday of Our Lady - Sept. 8th, nine months after the Feast of the Immaculate Conception. This painting of the Child Mary's Presentation in the Temple reminds us that from the very beginning of Mary's existence she was consecrated to God for a special mission. In honor of this Feast the Byzantine Liturgy proclaims, "Today God welcomes on earth the holy throne which he had prepared for himself. He who established the heavens in wisdom has fashioned a living heaven."
Tonight in on the Eve of this Feast there is a Live Webinar on the Protoevangelium of St. James through the ICC by Mike Aquilina at 7:30 PM ET. Register here: https://instituteofcatholicculture.org/talk/protoevangelium-of-james/
SISTERS OF REPARATION
"Whatsoever you do, do it from the heart, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that you shall receive of the Lord the reward of inheritance. Serve ye the Lord Christ" Colossians 3:23-24.
- Divine Mercy
- Marian Consecration
- St. Therese and the Sacred Heart
- Cloistered Communities
Sisters of Reparation to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus Copyright © 2012 All Rights Reserved